Friday, December 14, 2012

Christmas Bathroom (and a before and after)


Before I move on to today's post, I'd like to mention that later next week, my Christmas Tablescape and tips for setting a Christmas table will be featured on Pottery Barn's blog!!!   I would love to have all of you stop by to check it out.   I will post the link on my blog when it's up.

Ok, so are you tired of the Christmas decor posts yet?  Sorry if you are...I have only a few more, I swear.  But, this one is also a little bit of a before and after as well.  Two for one.

 
We have a teenie tiny bathroom for the boys.  I haven't gone with a theme in this bathroom.  My theme is "try to keep it as clean as possible."  Every Christmas and winter I like to switch out a blue and green shower curtain for this black and white one from Target (Dwell Studio).  This is one of the only rooms in the house that you will find red this Christmas.  And only a tiny bit at that; but I love the way it stands out against all the white and black.
 
 


So here is the before I told you about:
 
 
And after:
 
 
Of all the rooms in our house, we spent the least money, cosmetically speaking, on this little bathroom.  The three major changes (not including new plumbing and electric) were the floors, wall paper, and sink. 
 
I swapped out the ceramic tile for the penny round tiles, which cost a total of maybe $30 (small space).  We changed the sink to a pedestal sink from Menards, which I believe was $150 and added new hardware ($80).  My parents removed the wall paper and fixed the drywall.  $0.  Ok, maybe a pizza and some beer, if I remember correctly.
 
I think the money was well worth it.  In the short term, we will change the mirror and add a light fixture (we just have a light bulb there now which was carefully cropped out :)).  Long term I think we will make some major changes.  Maybe.   
 
 

 
 
 
I added just a touch of green with this collection of green vases.
 
 
A few of our little bath time friends made an appearance on our step stool.
 
 
 
 
If you like what you see, I'd love to hear about it or have you follow along!
 

Linking up to: Craftberry Bush / Liz Marie Blog
 

2 comments:

  1. It looks really great! I love the penny tiles. So classic! The vases are a nice touch as well. Congrats on the Pottery Barn feature! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! :o) I love the little details! SO perfect! Thank you so much for linking up at Happy Hour!
    Jaime from Crafty Scrappy Happy

    ReplyDelete